August 4, 2011

The Visitor!

July 2011 - My family and I left at the end of June to go to Florida for a family reunion. While I was gone for ten days, I asked Maia if she could help me water and weed the garden for volunteer hours, since she lived so close to Elawa anyways. She agreed and about five days later, she texts me and says that I have a visitor... who's eating my rosemary plant! Guess who it was?

IT WAS A TURTLE!!! I LOVE TURTLES!!! It kept eating my rosemary plant but Maia said that she shouldn't move it; it was fine because I LOVE TURTLES!! Not to mention that this looks just like one of the turtles that I owned about six years ago. Their names were Lilo and Stitch. Sadly, the two turtles both died and I had to bury them in Altoid tins. I'd like to think that one of them came back for me by showing up at my herb garden... but that will never happen :'(

Anyways, Maia texted me a day later and said that IT LAID EGGS! NEXT TO MY ROSEMARY PLANT!!! Who knew that my bed could be a place for everyone?!

However when Maia came back the next day, she said that the turtle and the eggs were gone. We both guessed that the Elawa Wildlife Center took them to a safer place and they probably didn't want the turtle to keep eating my rosemary plant. I really wish I had seen the turtle and the eggs though! It would have been nice to see a passing visitor! :)

Thanks Maia, Mrs. Brearton, and Iain for tending my garden while I was gone and for welcoming our visitor!! Hopefully, we'll get more!

No comments:

Post a Comment